Is it possible to boost your energy levels, immunity, and cognitive function with the help of certain foods? Well, it is possible. Of course, it does sound too good to be true, but that is why they got the name of Superfoods. Though, there is no one food providing every benefit like building immunity and muscles. You can reap the many benefits by including some of these superfoods for weight loss and energy in your everyday diet. High in nutrients, they can boost the well-being, irrespective of the nature of your job. Whether you have a sedentary lifestyle or a super active one, these superfoods can aid your performance in every area of work.
What are Superfoods?
Eating healthy can have a significant impact on how you feel and perform through the day. When you start increasing the proportion of junk in your daily meal, you will feel lethargic and worn out. While if you limit junk and replace it with a healthy meal plan, you will feel an instant difference in your energy levels. Superfoods can take you to the next level. Jam-packed with nutrients, they can optimize your body’s functions. They also provide your body with the essential vitamins and minerals. Including a few servings of these superfoods, a balanced diet and physical activity can make you feel much better.
Benefits of Superfoods
By including superfoods in your diet, you can benefit in the following ways
- Improve your energy levels
- High in antioxidants
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- Improves the immunity levels
- Boosts brain health
- Makes the heart strong and healthy
- Protects eyes and skin
- Inhibits growth of cancer cells
- Stimulates good bacteria in the body
- Aids in weight loss
- Prevents bone loss
There is no one food which can help you with all the above benefits. So, here are the different types of superfoods, which you should introduce in your diet. Below are the different categories, from which you can plan your meals.
Lean Proteins: There are different sources of protein, but some options are healthier and better for you and your muscles. Include a variety of lean proteins for weight loss and to build muscles, in your diet. Among others, fish, chicken, egg, quinoa can be some of the options.
Superfoods to Stock-Up
After categorizing the superfoods, let’s try to know more about different food options from the above categories
Superfoods you should stock in your fridge
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Sweet Potatoes
- Orange Vegetables
- Red berries
- Seeds like flax, chia, sunflower, and pumpkin
- Whole grains
- Fish and other lean protein
- Dark chocolate
- Probiotics like curd, kefir
- Herbs and spices
1. Fruits & Vegetables: Select whole fruits and vegetables and include a variety of them in your diet. Make a colourful, healthy plate with three to four different vegetables and fruits rich in vitamins, enzymes, antioxidants and minerals.
Include the below superfoods to have a colourful food plate
Red: Tomatoes, Berries, cherries
Orange: Carrots, Sweet potato, and oranges
Yellow: Pineapple and yellow peppers
Green: Broccoli, Kiwi, and spinach
White: Cauliflower, onion, and garlic
Blue: Blackberries, blueberries, and eggplant
2. Fermented Food: To aid digestion you should include fermented foods like yoghurt and kefir in your diet. Known as probiotic, they come with good bacteria and can balance in bad bacteria present in your gut. Besides, they also keep inflammation levels under check. So, for a smooth digestion add these fermented superfoods in your daily food for good health.
3. Vitamin B Rich Food: It is a must include in your diet to improve your cognitive performance and overall mood. To take care of Vitamin B rich food in your diet, include superfoods like sunflower seeds, spinach, tuna, mushrooms, fish, dark green leafy vegetables and eggs. These can take care of different Vitamin B complex requirements in your body. Like some of them are rich in Vitamin B6, B12, thiamin and more.
4. Omega 3 Fatty Acid: For the perfect functioning of your central nervous system, you should include omega 3 food in your diet plan. Opt for a plant-based diet and include healthy fat in the form of olive oil, which can take care of Omega 3 requirement in your body. It can also protect against memory decline and diseases like dementia, Alzheimer’s and a possibility of stroke.
These superfoods come with health benefits, which are hard to ignore. Make them a part of your everyday diet and benefit significantly.
Superfoods & Super Workout
Along with adding these superfoods, you should also incorporate a workout routine. Opt for something, which you like and make it an everyday practice. Whether it is that run in the morning, yoga or the gym, take any one option. By adding these superfoods and taking up an exercise regime, you will be able to see significant improvements in your energy levels and overall well-being. To get started, you should order some sportswear, which will be motivating to get going. You can check options online from Sporto. There are gym track pants, Bermuda, t-shirt for men and jersey clothing. View the collection here, order online and start committing every day to a healthy, more fit you.